Looking for an Open Market House-Share (Part D) in Guernsey?
Guernsey is a beautiful place to live but the island has a new Population Management Law as of April 3rd 2017 which require that anybody who is not Local is required to have an Employment Permit OR an Open Market Resident’s Permit.
As Open Market properties in Guernsey are in short supply they unfortunately come at a premium. If renting a Part A house or apartment on your own is not viable, we can offer an alternative by renting you an en-suite bedroom in one of our Part D (the only category allowed to operate as a house share) house-shares with shared living/dining rooms and kitchen. This gives you the best of both worlds – your own space and the chance to socialise with others if you wish! Choosing an Open Market house-share in Guernsey is a more affordable way of finding Open Market accommodation in Guernsey.
We have five large Guernsey Part D Open Market house shares offering 28 rooms between them. Simply click on the Gallery tab for some pics of the houses…
Three of the houses are in Town (St Peter Port), one just outside Town (10-15 minutes away) and the fifth is in the “country” Parish of St Saviours, near the Reservoir. All of our houses are occupied by professional people working in a variety of industries – not only the finance sector – and offer :-
- fully furnished bedrooms with king-size beds even in rooms for single occupancy – all you need to bring is bedding, towels and hangers
- fully equipped kitchens including crockery, cutlery, cookware etc
- wherever possible two ovens and hobs and additional fridges and freezers etc to allow several people to cook at once without tripping over one another!
- 2-3 washing machines and driers to eliminate weekend laundry queues!
- nicely furnished living rooms – many with large flat-screen TVs
- some houses have more than one living room (one even has three!) AND some of the rooms in most houses are so large that they have their own seating area
- fully maintained gardens and parking
- WiFi, TV Licence and Occupiers’ Taxes paid by us
- Utility bills administration to avoid that awful business of owing one another random amounts for the various household bills!
We inspect our houses quarterly to ensure we keep on top of any maintenance issues and ensure that cleaning standards don’t slip. If the thought of living in a house-share as an adult brings back bad memories of student days please think again! Everyone pulls their weight!
Availability varies from being full with a waiting list to having 2-3 rooms in varying stages of their 3 month notice period. To find out what we have coming up simply call or email Helen 07781 129946 or email@example.com There may be rooms that are not yet showing on the What we have Available tab.
P.S. We also have 4 luxury self catering apartments 10 minutes out of Town so if your company is looking for corporate accommodation at any time please give us a call or check out our website: www.selfcateringinguernsey.com.